Thursday, February 21, 2008

Homesickness

As you could probably tell from my last blog I'm feeling homesick, I'm fed up of being in IV and need a real kick up the arse, I'm being very lethargic at the moment and can't be bothered to do anything about it. Most of my friends have left and I live a long way away from those who are still here, I hardly ever run in to them and am often to lazy to organise things. So I end up by myself not doing anything but watching TV. One of my friends room mate is leaving and I really hope I can move in with her, it would be so much better than living here.

I've been watching several British films recently and as a result I am missing the greenery of England. I long to walk across a green field and get lost in a green forest. But the public footpaths are all well cared for, not the historic and badly signposted, barely used footpaths I am used to. Also all the walks are so far out of town that they require a car to get to. I would love nothing more than to get lost in the countryside, but it is impossible to do. I wouldn't even mind that the weather is appalling by southern Californian standards (its spitting with rain), in fact I almost like it that way. I need a mini-adventure. Perhaps I should just go for a magical mystery tour anyway.

Last Saturday I went rockpooling and had a great time, just like I use to as a child on family holidays to France, I went for a walk along the beach at low tide and discovered a wonderful world I had never seen on the local beach before. I even found loads of wild mussel beds with the biggest mussels I've ever seen. I can't wait to harvest some and cook a great meal.

Hopefully I'll somehow manage to have an adventure soon and so will have something to tell you all about!

No comments: